I firmly believe that external clutter equals internal clutter and if you're feeling overwhelmed by clutter in your home, here are some tips which may help to make the process of decluttering easier.
1) Sit down and make a list of every single area of your home and life that you would like to declutter.
2) Decide to do one decluttering task every day, every week, or every month.
3) When decluttering an area, make several piles for what you'd like to do with the items. For example, if you wanted to declutter a messy closet, I'd suggest making five piles:
- Items to keep
- Items to throw
- Items to give away
- Items to alter
- Items to store
4) Play some music or watch tv while decluttering to make the task less boring
5) Have a plan for where and how you want to store everything that you'll be fixing.
6) Each time you complete a task, cross it off your list and bask in the wonderful feeling of accomplishment!
|Share This Post:|