My husband and I usually try to deep clean our house once a week, but after reading (and pinning) this article on Apartment Therapy called, 'How to Clean Your House in 20 Minutes a Day for 30 Days,' I was inspired to try this method. Basically how it works is that instead of doing everything in one day, you follow a schedule where in addition to your typical household chores like doing the dishes, you do a 20-minute (the use of a timer is encouraged) cleaning task per day. The schedule has a list of rotating cleaning tasks to do and by the end of 30 days, you start over on day 1 and by doing this, your house should be nice and clean.
Since I enjoy making printables, I decided to come up with my own version of the schedule and here's what it ended up looking like:
|Click Here to Download This Free Printable!|
- Instead of the 30 day schedule, I named it the, "31 Day House Cleaning Routine," so the list can be used for months that have up to 31 days.
- On the left of the page are the 31 days and next to that I can write the first letter of the corresponding day of the week. For example, since March 1st is on a Friday, I would just write in the letter F, right next to the number 1.
- For the cleaning tasks themselves, I pretty much followed what was on the schedule in the Apartment Therapy article, with just a few minor tweaks.
- Since my husband and I share some of the cleaning tasks, I added a 'Who' column so we could write the name of the person who would be doing each particular task.
- Finally, on the far right of the page are checkboxes for checking off all the tasks that have been completed.
My husband and I are going to start the 31 Day Clean Routine this coming March! I don't think we'll be timing ourselves though.
If you'd like to try this method of cleaning for yourself, you can download it for free by clicking the link under the photo of the printable. I'd love to know how it works out for you in the comments below.
** If the free version of this printable doesn't fit your needs, I also have a blank, editable version of this printable in my Etsy shop.
|Share This Post:|